Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring in Paris

I have been here for a week now! When  I came here on 'th March there was a stagnant grey sky which frightened me, no bird song, and time seemed still.
Two days after my arrival, the sun came out; and that was wonderful: shadows of birds fleeted past the wall outside my lovely room, which overlooks sturdy wild roses and peasant houses from the 19th century. My lectures went well, and I got to spend Chinese New Year with Bruce and Adele and twenty of their writerly friends at a Chinese restaurant on Rue Strasbourg.


Geetha, who is my host at the university, set up my kitchen for me, so I was without anxiety! I spend most of my time when not writing a new novel, at the Notre Dame, soaking in the light of the glass windows which have been around to fire the imagination since the 12th century in some aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment